Tuesday 4 September 2012

Technical Disaster

This evening I edited and officially finished Chapter Four.
It was all ready to edit so I printed off the pages and handed them to Mum to read through.
Yeah, my editing schedule has been cut down a little now that my Step Mum and Dad are so busy.
Little Bro has just started in a new school so he's a bit tied down too!
So Mum's reading away and she finds a section that obviously isn't finished.
But it should be.
For some reason - I find out - my computer hasn't saved anything I wrote!
It didn't even save the edits I made a few days ago!
After about 1/2 an hour of swearing at the computer, thumping it and screaming till my throat hurt, I decided it was not a matter to cry over and I calmed myself down and tried to remember what I'd written.
It's not as good as it was but I can't do anything about that. I have what I have and I can't do any better than that.
I'm still getting a little bit angry but with this whole growing up thing, I seem to be better a bit better at controlling my raging anger.
A little bit.
I tend to explode, cry a little then calm myself - with a few tiny explosions here and there.
I like to watch something after I've fixed what ever went wrong just to calm me and get my mind out of anger zone.
I watched Burn Notice, a really good action series about a spy who gets burned.
Watch it. It's funny, clever and really good entertainment when you're feeling a little pissed at the world.
M. x

No comments:

Post a Comment